"We're low cost and fast. The question is, who's going to let us play on their team?"
-Cofer Black, Vice Chairman
Blackwater is a private army for hire.
In 1997, Erik Prince founded Blackwater, expanding the family's Christian conservative empire into private security and war for hire. Erik is a former U.S. Navy SEAL and son of the late billionaire automotive parts supplier, Edgar Prince.
Read more in Matt O's backgrounder on the reclusive founder →
- Jeremy Scahill's articles on Blackwater and Hurricane Katrina reconstruction:
- SourceWatch overview
- Blackwater: Inside America's Private Army (7/23/2006, The Virginian-Pilot)
- 7 part series on Blackwater and the Fallujah massacre (11/28/2005, Jay Price, News & Observer)
- Hired guns unaccountable (5/23/2004, Jay Price, News & Observer)
- BUSH WINS FOUR MORE YEARS!! HOOYAH!! (11/8/2004, Blackwater Tactical Weekly)
- Peace Corp. (4/23/2006, Boston Globe)
- These Dogs Don't Hunt (7/9/2004, American Prospect)
- Need an Army? Just Pick Up the Phone (4/2/2004, Barry Yeoman, New York Times op-ed)
Mr. Erik Prince
1660 International Dr., Suite 47
McLean, VA 22102